Fort McMoney is a game documentary that engages players with the oil industry, Fort McMoney is the virtual representation of a real place, the town of Fort McMurray, located in Canada’s oil sands.
Decide on the future of the world’s largest energy project by conducting an investigation and discovering the project’s main economic, environmental and social issues.
Fort McMoney, Created and directed by David Dufresne, is :
- Fort McMoney 1:a game documentary launched nov 2013 on the web and on iPad
- Fort McMoney 2 : a long TV feature in 2015.
- Fort McMoney 3 : a speedoc Fort Mc And The Beast in june 2016
Over two years of investigations, 60 days of shoots and nearly 50 interviews.
This documentary game is produced by Toxa and the National Film Board of Canada, in association with ARTE.
2014 & 2015 : « Fort McMoney » Awards, Toxa/ONF/Arte.
- Best Original Interactive Production Produced for Digital Media Canadian Screen Awards (Canada)
- Best Interactive Documentary Gémeaux (Canada)
- Knowledge & Education Category Grimme OnLine Award (Allemagne)
- Webby Awards Honoree for Mobile Sites and Apps / Game 2015
- Special Mention Jury Visa d’Or RFI-France 24 (France)
- Best Interactive Documentary Festival International du Film de l’environnement (Paris)
- Grand Prix Boomerangs Interactive Documentary (Canada)
- Site of the day FWA / Favourite Website Awards
- Grand Prix Grafika (Canada)